Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oct. 11 - Day 11: Vintage Bogie Books

Vintage Dennison's Bogie Books

One of my favorite party books for Halloween is the multitude of Dennison's Bogie Books! Unfortunately they can be very expensive! The recent auction I blogged about for the 1912 edition that ended at $885.00 is a high end example. Some others have sold recently in the $50.00 to $200.00 range.

If vintage Bogie Books are too expensive for your wallet, you can buy reproductions from Bramcost Publications--I've seen these at Amazon.com in their store and at eBay. The reproduction prices run around $12.95 each.

These reproductions are marked inside as being such so if you see one listed ask the seller about the inside copyright information if you're unsure if it's a reproduction or not.

Not only do you see the Dennison products available in the years they put these books out but you also get an idea of the specs of the item and prices and how they were supposed to be used. These books have recipes and party games and lots of decorating ideas with theme parties. Shown above are crepe paper costume ideas. I love the looks of these.

Jenn:)

8 comments:

Ghoulie Girls said...

Jenn, have you purchased any of the repos? I haven't seen them in person but have considered it as the originals are so pricey. I love the Bogies - have always wanted one.

Len said...

I own the Bogie Book with the imp carrying a pumpkin from his tree stump house. Several years ago someone was photocopying all of the Bogie Books and selling them as copies on EBay. I picked up 4 different ones and am glad that I did, they are great reference material.

snowbear said...

Thank you for the link to the store for the reproductions... I knew i had seen that somewhere, but didn't remember where! Love to get sneak peeks!!!

Jenn Fisher said...

@GhoulieGirls - yes I do own 4 repros and they're very good quality and well worth the $12.95.

Jenn:)

*SHeRRy B* said...

WOW! These are wonderful!

Lisa said...

So glad to see there are reproductions of the Bogie books! And glad to know they are of good quality. Now I can buy one every now and then! Definately couldn't afford the real thing!

★Carol★ said...

I've come to realize that reproductions are a good thing, especially Halloween ones! I can barely afford vintage Halloween things unless I find them at an estate sale. I just bought a book of repro postcards from Amazon, and although they won't fool a collector, I'm very pleased with them!

Ghoulie Girls said...

Thanks for the info Jenn! While there's nothing like an original I think the repros will be better explained to the hubby ;)