Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Cap'n Crunch

Halloween Cap'n Crunch

OK, it 's not vintage, but I had to share :) One of my favorite cereals as a kid was Cap'n Crunch! And I spotted their Halloween theme cereal at the grocery store this week--the ghosts turn the milk green!

Here's a recipe I found online for making bars with the Cap'n Crunch cereal instead of Rice Krispy Treats (though you could combine them!):

Ingredients:

Yield: 15 bars

Units: US | Metric

1 (18 ounce) box Cap'n Crunch cereal
6 tablespoons butter
1 (16 ounce) bag marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
salt, a pinch

Directions:

1 Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with softened butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2 Add the cereal to a bowl; set aside.

3 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.

4 Add the marshmallows, vanilla, and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted into the butter.

5 Immediately pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir with a large wooden spoon until all the cereal is coated with melted marshmallows.

6 Spoon the cereal mixture into prepared pan.

7 With buttered hands, gently but firmly press the cereal into the pan to compact the mixture.

8 Let the mixture cool completely.

9 When cool, cut into 15 large bars.

10 Serve right away, or wrap each bar separately with waxed paper or plastic wrap and store in covered container for up to 2 days.

Jenn:)

5 comments:

mbrcutie said...

How fun to be a kid this time of year. That looks like a great recipe to try!
Thanks for sharing!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I will be looking for that cereal today!
I'm a big fan of the new "Cereal Killers" line of shirts and trading cards. "Zomba Crunch" is one of my favorites!
Check them out here:
http://www.wax-eye.com/

*SHeRRy B* said...

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these!

snowbear said...

I have not seen this yet... but i will watch... i bet my dd would love them.... I LOVE cap n crunch but my glucose doesn't...

Anna said...

Yum!!! I made sure to buy some Count Chocula this year!