Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crafty Halloween Ideas #1

Crafty Halloween Ideas #1

Here's an old idea from the 1997 issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine - decoupaged candy buckets! When I saw this idea I loved it and ran out and got some buckets from the local Home Depot and some bags of candy. Many Mary Janes and Tootsie Pops later, I had a stack of wrappers and made up some of these buckets. They were a really simple and easy project to do and I even sold some via eBay at the time if memory serves. That was before my website got started up. Makes a a great candy pail for giving out treats to the kids or for going around the neighborhood to collect treats.

If you use smaller buckets, you can give them as favors to your party guests.

Jenn:)

5 comments:

dragonmamma said...

Ideas like this never seem to work for me. They look great in the magazines, but when I do it myself it just looks like a bunch of trash all glued together!

snowbear said...

Love this idea... have a few buckets just waiting for me to dip into the halloween candy!

Jenn Fisher said...

@dragonmamma--actually this one is pretty easy to do :) Modge podge is very forgiving to work with. They turn out really neat.

Jenn:)

Anna said...

Going to have to try this one! Thank you for the idea!

Halloween Crazy! said...

Awesome idea, haven't seen this one before.