Friday, October 4, 2013

Monster Cereal Snack - Fruit Brute Rice Krispie Treats




Remember Fruit Brute? General Mills is bringing back this gem along with it's other monster cereals--for a limited time and you can get retro boxes at Target, though I haven't seen any yet at my Target store. I opted to pick up the more modern box of Fruit Brute to make some Rice Krispie treats! And they're very yummy!


Here's the modern box and what the cherry flavored cereal looks like:

 

When making these, I used the standard recipe which involves 3 TBSP of butter, 4 cups mini marshmallows, and 6 cups of cereal. I usually do around 5 TBSP of butter, but I like it moister and I also add about 5 cups of the marshmallows. I also add a little bit of vanilla to the melted marshmallow/butter mixture--that's my secret ingredient that makes them taste even more delicious. I used 3 cups of the Rice Krispies and then 3 cups of the Fruit Brute and added those to the butter and marshmallows once they were melted.

 
 

Jenn:)

No comments: