Monday, October 21, 2013

Countdown to Halloween - Oct. 21- Pumpkin Bucket Lanterns


Hanging Lanterns are a great way to decorate for Halloween be it vintage lanterns of metal or paper or plastic buckets! A very inexpensive way to create lanterns which I stole from Ronda at Old Fashion Halloween several years ago after seeing it on her blog, is to take the $1 plastic orange pumpkins and add battery operated tea lights or you could also use bundled string lights for a much brighter effect. I add about 3 or 4 of the tea lights to each one. In the image below from my Sleepy Hollow party several years ago, I set them out around the walkway and you can see them glowing in the background. This year I'm hanging them from garden stake hooks which line the curving driveway on up to the porch and also I've hung them in the trees out front--they look so festive swaying in the breeze and add a great pop of color during the day. I have 2 taller garden shepherd's hooks in the yard that I'm hanging my gigantic orange pumpkins buckets I got at Target this year.

Jenn:)

No comments: