Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Trick or Treat! Halloween Treat Sacks


Who doesn't remember trick or treating for those fabulous treat sacks of candy goodness? I loved getting Halloween treat sacks full of loot on Halloween night--one of many favorite memories from childhood. So every year at Halloween, I like to treat the kids to a candy filled bag with toy. I have started giving them to the younger kids only--the teens/high schoolers seem to be more about the candy ;-) The neighbor across the street was chatting with us while we were working on our Halloween decor outside and said her kids love the goody bags each year and the decorations, so it's nice to know the kids appreciate it and look forward to it each year :)

If you're on a budget, it's easy to make your own goody bags but you can often find them at the dollar store for a $1. I usually make my own, but store bought work just as good. Here's a few sample loot bags you can find at my Halloween Loot Bags Pinterest Board along with a lot of other neat ideas. Plain bags, rubber stamps or stickers, and you're set--easy to do. You can even make a rubber stamp out of a potato as done in the image directly below--a Martha Stewart craft. Some require minimal work, some a bit craftier are more time consuming--if you're pressed for time, plain bags and stamping or stickers will do in a pinch. I usually put in a candy bar and one other type of candy--gum, suckers, etc.. and then a toy or two. Last year the vampire fang whistles were a hit as were witch fingers.

I still love the style and look of the Nancy Drew favor bags below that I gave out at a past Nancy Drew Halloween party--very simple with the paper cutout attached to plain black bags.

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have found in my mother's attic three noise makers and two of them are holloween theemed...
What should she ask for them .
Yes as IN. SELLING

Jenn Fisher said...

I would check eBay - search for Halloween noisemakers that look like hers and do a sold search filter - see what they are selling for as to market value - that will give you a ballpark.