Friday, October 18, 2013

Countdown to Halloween - Oct. 18 - Candy Corn - A Timeless Favorite


Love or hate it, it's Candy Corn-alicious! It isn't Fall until I've had my first Candy Corn. I love the stuff! It's always been a favorite around Halloween for me--and if you eat it with peanuts, it's like eating a Pay Day. Check out my Candy Corn Pinterest Board for crafts using candy corn and great recipe ideas some of which are shown throughout this posting.

Here's 5 interesting facts you may not know about Candy Corn:

1. George Renninger invented it in the 1880s.

2. The Goelitz Company (now Jelly Belly) has produced Candy Corn the longest.


3. Want some Chicken Feed? That's what Candy Corn was first called.....


4. National Candy Corn Day is Oct. 30.


5. At first, it wasn't just a Halloween candy--it was an anytime snack. It was only after WWII, that they started advertising it as a Halloween candy and it's been that way ever since.

Jenn:)

No comments: